Xenword and Wordpress 5.01

sdugoten

Lifetime License
Hi,

It seems Version 3.5.2 is not compatible with Wordpress 5.01. (I am using XenForum 1.x version) I am getting error on login. I wonder if there is a compatible version that I can use?

Thanks

Derek

dethfire

Thanks for the notice. 4.9.8 now has a big security flaw so people need to upgrade. @LPH and @Gracie haven't been around for months. I would abandon this and look at TH Xpress. This is sad as I wanted to continue with xenword, but @LPH has totally abandoned us.

dethfire

btw 3.5.2 is not the current release. Download and try 2018.07.13

Has anyone got 2018.07.13 working with WP5?

Sadorimatsu

Running tests XenWord Pro 2018.07.13 between WP 5.1.1 and XF 2.1.1 works fine!

The main function performs without problems. True, here are some options do not work. Such as:
  • Author bio - (The link to the author of the entry should be added to "#about", so that when clicked, it will switch to the "Information" tab in the XF user profile. But it does not work.)
  • Default Forum (When enabled and after the post is published, it gives an error. I suspect that he does not see the id that we indicate.)
  • Fallback Forum (When enabled and after the post is published, it gives an error. I suspect that he does not see the id that we indicate.)
  • Thread Texts (Mode - "Show title of blog post in XenForo thread" is not disabled). Even with a complete shutdown of Thread Texts, it continues to work. However, the text allows you to change.

Not everything checked, but the problems are minimal. The main work is done without it.

I don’t want to change this plugin to XPress. Because XPress is vitally dependent on the manual input of id thread , it is not very convenient to fill in. True tested on a broken version, I do not know if it is fixed. The rest of it is not bad. In addition, it does not necessarily require the installation of the plug-in template on the WP, but if this is not done, then we lose the use of the forum navigation and there will be no BB panel in the comments. The comments themselves need to be corrected through the CSS editor. The rest works. If it is regarded as a working analogue of XenWord, then it is relevant, although it has a number of minuses and there is no such functionality as on XenWord. It is equivalent to putting XenPorta 2 Portal, but it is convenient for thematic sites. Therefore, there are no other alternatives.

XenWord life support is necessary for further development. Even if the author refuses to develop it, then it would be more relevant to solve problems on the latest version.

Is the developer exactly abandoned the project? Maybe what is planned? Or maybe someone took up the support of the latest version? In principle, the current options are more than enough. It will be enough to polish the work of the latest version.

Last edited:

Opholdings

Lifetime License
Tried Xpress. No support for custom post types. Tried to refund. This was the response:

There is currently no support for custom post types. I’ve forwarded it as feature suggestion to our issue repository. As this wasn’t an advertised feature, I unfortunately cannot offer a refund.

Sadorimatsu

As I know. XPress does not support subdomains. Use it in this case is meaningless. Yes, and his focus on a narrow subject of the resource. For large projects is not suitable and it imposes its template from the forum. Without a template, it will work, but you will have to rewrite css a lot. His excellent replacement is XenPorta 2 Portal. And no WordPress is needed here, there is already a full-fledged portal, but not for all the tasks fit.

XenWord tested completely, except for additions. In general, it works between WP 5.1.1 and XF 2.1.1, but these functions do not work at all:
  • WordPress Toolbar - all menu not work. With the current work XenWord it does not interfere.

XenForo Addons - remains a mystery to me. What is this section for? Checked along with plugins XenForo Resource Manager and XenForo Media Gallery. I did not see any changes. Maybe someone knows what it is responsible for?
For the rest of the problems I wrote off above.

I wanted to ask. I noticed that the XenWord does not correctly show the Latest Thread and Latest Resource statistics. For some reason, he takes into account the order of display from the old to the old . He shows the first entry, but there are no new ones. Nobody knows a solution to this problem? I could have fixed it myself if I found the code. Can anyone suggest what is wrong with the order of display of the last activity?

\xenword-2018.07.13\src\Includes\Widgets\Statistics\StatsWide.php
\xenword-2018.07.13\src\Includes\Widgets\Threads\Threads.php

I see no errors. The latest activity of users here takes into account. Such a problem is on the widgets:
XF Threads - Latest (Sidebar) and XF Statistics - Board Total (Wide)

Maybe someone knows the solution?

Lines from statistics are not so important. Given the problem, these lines of activity are deleted. General statistics works correctly. If there is no solution to this problem, then you have to delete the "Latest Thread". But "Latest Resource" is enough to disable through the admin panel in the widget display. They have no important value, although it would be a nice bonus.

Last edited:

Sadorimatsu

Asked LPH about Resources last year. He said it was not currently supported.
Thank you. It is a pity that the author did not finish the work. For myself, the solution was to remove the code responsible for the latest topics and disable the file manager download statistics in this widget - \ xenword-2018.07.13 \ src \ Includes \ Widgets \ Statistics \ StatsWide.php. Otherwise, everything works fine. For the rest of the functions there are no complaints, everything suits.

The main question will be how long the plugin support will last for WP and XF. At one point, we will be forced to stop updating the CMS due to XenWord or to abandon XenWord and look for other solutions. If by that moment do not think out what is better. Currently, XenWord works great.