Update messed up users

Indreksi

Hi

I updated to latest release, and after that i cant see admin side in wordpress. I am now only a user and i can see only a profile page. I deleted xenword from ftp, but still same problem.

LPH

Flight Director
Staff member
Hi

There isn't a license associated with your account and it should be set for an activation for you.

What versions of installed software were you operating and what did you try to install? Are you trying to XF1 or XF2 side of the bridge? Can you provide details?

Since your license isn't active here then make sure you activate and download the latest RC5.

There can be several reasons for being locked out.

-- Alignment of the XF and WP user roles for administrator
-- Incorrect Absolute Path
-- Throwing the wrong switch

A general note: If you remove XenWord and simply reinstall the xenword_options sitting in the wp_options table still exists. If you wish to "start over" then make sure to deactivate XenWord then delete the xenword_options.

Last edited:

Indreksi

I have a active license in tuxreports.com, but there is only RC4 available.

I used 2018.04.03 Ver. and it worked fine. After an update to RC4 im unable to login to wordpress as an admin.

My website is http://ralli.ee

I use here a different email because im still waiting activation email.

LPH

Flight Director
Staff member
Your account that you are posting from has the license tied to it :)

Going from 2018.04.03 to RC4 shouldn't make any difference regarding login. That code hasn't been changed for almost a year.

I'm going to assume there is another issue.

Suggestions
Reactivate 2018.04.03 and see if you are able to log in to the site.
Next, Deactivate 2018.04.03 and upload RC5. See if you can log into the site.

Your site is a subdomain -- therefore -- as you are working then make sure that ALL caching has been disabled.

Indreksi

Ok, thanks.

I cant Reactivate or deactivate, becaose i dont have admin rights anymore.

I Deactivated 2018.04.03, uploaded RC4 and after activating it im not admin anymore in my site. I can only delete or upload files in ftp. :(

LPH

Flight Director
Staff member
I had one more admin who was able to restore my premissions from wp-admin

Something is set up wrong if you are restoring permissions via WordPress. Do you mean restoring permissions when XenWord is not enabled?

I wonder if you have user mapping off.

I cant Reactivate or deactivate, becaose i dont have admin rights anymore.

In the future, you can change admin rights in phpMyAdmin and the user meta table.

Indreksi

And again..... I enabled xenword..... all worked fine. Then i started to restore sidebar widgets and again im not admin. And now its worse, all admins, editors and so on are simple users. So nobody cant see wp admin

How i can change admin rights in phpMyAdmin and the user meta table?

Last edited:

Indreksi

Somehow its deleting wp_capabilities admin from database.

When xenword is disabled, i manually changing user to an admin and all works fine.
When i enable xenword, admin wp_capabilities is removed from database, and admin i again just a registered user.

Ok, got it to work, by enabling User mapping by XenForo Secondary User Groups

Last edited:

LPH

Flight Director
Staff member
Ok, got it to work, by enabling User mapping by XenForo Secondary User Groups

Correct. User Mapping must be enabled and mapped properly. Good job.

Now, I'm going to have to figure out why your administrators were being reset when user mapping is off. This shouldn't happen so please try to explain the steps. Is it really when you enabled widgets or was that a coincidence? Which widget was involved? I cannot see a relationship between any widget and capabilities.

Let me know the steps so that I can recreate things here.