Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPH

Flight Director
Staff member
I think I found a bug, what do I do?
Please visit the support forums and post the information as well as the full error messages. I cannot promise you an immediate fix but will do my best to help.

My older WordPress posts are not linked. What happened?
This is expected behavior. Older WordPress articles may be linked to threads within the WordPress post edit. There is a thread_id metabox as of version 2.x which allows admin to update the thread_id. Be careful not to overwrite a thread.
If this does not make sense then please ask in the forums and I will try to write up better instructions.

I received the error Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding()
The server must have the mbstring extension installed.

Ubuntu servers may use sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

I activated XenWord, tried to login with my XenForo admin account, and get a permission denied message
XenWord relies on user_ids in XenForo to match the ID in WordPress database.

The ID and user_ID match but I still cannot get into the WordPress admin panel.>br /> Please look at the www and non-www settings of the board options and WordPress settings. These must match.

The ID and user_ID match but I still cannot get into the WordPress admin panel.>br /> Please look at the structure of the sites. WordPress and XenForo must be on the same virtual server.

XenWord is activated but does not recognize XenForo.
Please double check your absolute path.

I receive strict error reports when NextGen is installed and XenWord is activated.
The developers of NextGen have known about their need to update their script for over a year. Please turn off error reporting in the XenWord panel. You may need to turn error reporting off at the server level too.

How can I log errors in a debug log to review later?
Add the following to the WordPress wp-config.php file
// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors',0);

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);

A XenWord widget does not match the look of my WordPress theme.
Please use the customizer in WordPress to add custom CSS. You can determine the CSS using the inspect in the Google Chrome browser.

How do I disable the notification bar on the front end of the WordPress site?
Please see this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.