XEN DEVELOPMENT is a developer's resource for new developers wanting to build XenForo 2 add-ons. Experienced developers are also welcome to share their experienes and knowledge. This site is not affiliated with XenForo or a replacement for the official XenForo developer forums.
Perhaps once it is turned off, it won't switch back on again after an upgrade—that would be fine. I can understand it being on after resetting or deleting the xenword_options in the db which I have had to do a number of times.
I've never had this setting turned on.
I understand and this is fair. I just take the privacy of those I look after seriously. If it was a more serious issue I would consider your request.
If you want to throw out a list of things I can personally check, feel free to do so as I used to work...
So below is the author box, where I change the author from me to the correct author in wordpress.
Yet in Xenforo, the automatically created thread author is always me, no matter who I pick on this list. This was working fine before I upgraded from xenforo 1.5x to 2.x, so something changed...
Sorry LPH, I can't give you that type of access as the users of my site have confidential information in Xenforo. I'm happy to provide screen shots of any settings you require to see.
Isn't this occurring for all your customers? I'm surprised no one else has logged this bug.
You said you don't...
I prefer not to do this as this means outages for the site. There would be far too much downtime if I did this each time. This is new, and was never part of previous versions — I still consider it a bug as it's very inappropriate for the public to see this appear when visiting the site.
I have confirmed the users are aligned (no changes made). I also checked the user meta for one of the users to make sure wpd3f19kj_capabilities was set correctly. (I use contributor and author, as there's a mix of permissions for posters)
So the issue is still here.
I checked three of the regular authors and their Nickname is already set to their Xenforo username so I have made no changes there.
I'm going to check the database now to make sure the users are aligned.
When I post using just "excerpt", no excerpt is shown. All that is shown is "XXX submitted a new article. Click here to continue reading the entire article." So right now I can't seem to work out a way to do an excerpt.